Project Management - Fall Session
with Dr. Barbara Sweet
This course is offered online via Zoom. Prior to the class starting, the instructor will email all the registrants a link to sign-in to their Zoom class. Zoom is a free, interactive online platform, you do not have to have a Zoom account to attend a class being offered through Zoom. You will need a computer or laptop with Internet connection, with computer audio or a computer and a phone.
This course will provide participants with a solid foundation of product management strategies and tools to successfully manage the project life cycle. Participants will learn how to effectively create circumstances that inspire their team members to achieve the desired project results. This course will provide an opportunity for participants to apply problem-solving tools to manage project challenges and conflicts. Participants will also develop skills to facilitate a continuous quality improvement process.
· Apply project management methodologies to help complete projects on time, on budget, and with the desired results
· Use powerful project tools and methods to make project planning and scheduling straightforward, accurate, and effective
· Inspire team members to achieve desired project results through effective communication, encouragement, and coaching
· Apply project management strategies to monitor and measure progress
· Plan for project contingencies and learn how to creatively solve problems and manage conflicts
· Identify the characteristics of effective project management
· Explain the various stages of the project management process
· Describe strategies for planning time dimensions, projecting costs, and allocating resources
· Identify the five “rights” of successful project teams
· Differentiate and select coaching strategies to ensure appropriate support and direction
· Describe problem solving techniques to manage project challenges and conflicts
· Explain how to use the Plus Delta model for continuous improvement
Duration of 8 hours conducted in four, 2-hour sessions; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00am - 11:00am.
High potential employees, newly appointed project leads or supervisors, and experienced managers who want to refine their skills with current and proven project management strategies.
Meet Your Facilitator
Dr. Barbara A. Sweet is President/CEO of Everyday HR and Learning Transfer Institute. Dr. Sweet has over 20 years of business executive experience working with all levels of employees in the design, development, coaching, and execution of business and human resources strategies and initiatives.
Dr. Sweet has served as a lead business advisor for SBDC and Goldman Sachs small business programs and has helped executives develop detailed and successful business plans and execute strategic initiatives to grow their businesses. She has also served as a panel expert for Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM) Metrics Committee.
Dr. Sweet is an accomplished HR speaker and is the author of The Positive Transfer of Learning from Training to Changed Behaviors at the Job. Dr. Sweet is a certified DDI Instructor and has served as a faculty member at University of Phoenix's MBA and BA programs. She received her doctorate degree in Organizational Leadership from Pepperdine University, her MBA from University of Redlands, and her BS in Economics from Rutgers University.
Sep 15 - 24th, 2020
Tue and Thu for 2 weeks from 9:00 - 11:00 am
For more info, call us at (530) 242-7677